In this series of articles we will look at the different business structures available, and give you the advantages and disadvantages of each structure.
Each business is different so that means there is no one structure that is appropriate for everyone, and each structure has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Over the next few days we will look at
Some issues to consider when choosing a business strucutre.
- Asset protection
- The ability to admit new partners
- Does the structure allow income splitting?
- If the business makes significant profit, can tax be minimised?
- Capital gains tax considerations with sale of business
- Succession planning considerations
- Complexity and costs of new structure
- If the business makes tax losses, can those losses be utilised?
This article has been prepared for the purposes of general information and guidance only. It should not be used for specific advice or used for formulating decisions under any circumstances. If you would like specific advice about your own personal circumstances please contact our office.