Current Career Opportunities
Tax Manager (10 October 2013)
We are a boutique chartered accounting firm based in Chatswood. The firm has a fantastic professional but relaxed culture.
Due to rapid growth, we are looking for a bright, motivated Tax Manager to join our team.
The position involves managing the whole range of accounting services to our business clients as well as venturing into the world of forensic accounting assignments. The role will be both challenging and rewarding with the opportunity to grow with the business.
You will have direct client contact and be required to service and maintain relationships with your portfolio of clients.
Ongoing training is provided externally and by the supportive and experienced team.
Key duties include:
- Review and over sight of the preparation of financial accounts, tax returns and the working papers for individuals, companies, trusts, partnerships and self-managed superannuation funds
- Review and over sight of the preparation and lodgement of client’s business activity statements
- Correspondence with the tax office
- Daily client correspondence dealing with queries
- Working with clients accounting systems such as Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks
- Maintenance of the client data base
- Assist team members with specific queries and jobs
- Prepare client bills
- Managing junior accountants and training them
- At least 3 years’ experience in business services and tax with a Chartered Accounting firm in Australia
- In-depth and practical knowledge of Australian tax for individuals and small business
- CA qualifications will be highly regarded
- Australian resident
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound knowledge of word and excel
This position represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated and intelligent chartered accountant to progress their career. Build on your current knowledge and experience with training and mentoring in forensic accounting including business valuations.
The successful applicant will receive an attractive salary package.
To apply, please forward your resume and a short letter detailing how you fulfil our essential requirements to: Kathy@dolmanbateman.com.au.