EIN – Employer Identification Number
A Federal Number issued by IRS for identifying businesses in USA.
Application Form – SS-4 (Download here)
How to fill in the SS-4.
- Name of your company – ie Company Name Pty Ltd
- Leave blank
- Leave blank
- Mailing Address – Include “Australia” in 4b
- Street Address – your Home address – include “Australia” in 5b
- State in Full – “New South Wales, Australia”
- a. – Name of Director b. – Leave Blank
8.a – N0 b. Leave Blank c. Leave Blank
9. a) Corporation -> Form: 1120F b) Australia
10. Started New Business – eCommerce.
11. Date business started in USA
13. 0 (Zero) to all.
14. Leave Blank
17. Description of Product
Apply by Telephone – International Applicants
International applicants may call 267-941-1099 (not a toll-free number) 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday to obtain their EIN. The person making the call must be authorized to receive the EIN and answer questions concerning the Form SS-4 (PDF), Application for Employer Identification Number. Complete the Third Party Designee section only if you want to authorize the named individual to receive the entity’s EIN and answer questions about the completion of Form SS-4. The designee’s authority terminates at the time the EIN is assigned and released to the designee. You must complete the signature area for the authorization to be valid.