Accounting for Property Developers
Let us help you become bigger and better.
Starting a new business venture or growing an existing business in property development is a complex undertaking. Dolman Bateman specialise in providing expert accounting and business advice to property developers.
Real estate Development is more complex than most people think. We understand that your activities include purchase of vacant land and subdivision for sale or building development, renovations, financing, releasing of exisiting building. In a business that has many layers of complexity, we understand there will be challenges along the way. We also know how important it is to get your financial aspects in order when dealing with architects, town planners, engineers, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, agents and solicitors.
“That’s why Dolman Bateman is the right fit for you”
That’s why Dolman Bateman is the right fit for you, we understand the mechanics of property development. With many of our clients being developers themselves we have experience and knowledge to mentor you.
Finance and managing cash flow is often the most pressing consideration property developers face. We find that obtaining the appropriate level of finance for projects is a very real challenge for many developers. Over the years we have developed extensive relationships with bank and non-banking lenders and work with our clients to secure the finance required.
Once finance is in place, Dolman Bateman’s specialist team work to ensure that every project is properly budgeted including taking into account possible contingencies in terms of cost overruns, planning delays or bad weather.
We can help mentor you from day one.
Over the past two decades our team of accountants have helped dozens of property developers get their business off to a flying start. If you are looking to start a business as a property developer there are many issues to consider. Below is a list of advice that we provide to our clients.
- Start up Business Advice for Property Developers.
- Advice regarding the Purchase or Sale of your business.
- Tools including the Start-Up Expense Checklist and Templates for a Business Plan, Cash Flow Budget, Letterhead and Business Card.
- Advice and Assistance with the Establishment of Your Business Structure – Company, Trust, Partnership
- Tax Registrations including ABN, TFN, GST, WorkCover etc.
- Preparation of Business Plans, Cash Flow Budgets and Profit Projections ( best/ worst case profit scenarios )
- Consider Appropriate Insurances.
- Accounting Software Selection and Training – Bookkeeping, Invoicing, Quotes & Payroll.
- Preparation and Analysis of Financial Statements.
- Preparation of Finance Applications – Loans to Buy a Business, Expand, Franchise Fees.
- Bookkeeping and Payroll Services – MYOB, Cashflow Manager, Xero
- Marketing Plan
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Employment issues – payroll, workcover, superannuation obligations
- Lead Generation Website
- Assistance with your Marketing including your branding, corporate brochure.
- Wealth Creation Strategies and Financial Planning Services including Transition to Retirement & SMSF’s
- Industry Benchmarking and Management of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Vehicle & Equipment Finance
- Monitoring and Controlling Labour and Sub-Contractor Costs
- Advice & Assistance with Pricing your Services and Claiming Motor Vehicle Expenses
- Advice regarding Employee Relations and Workplace Laws
- Business & Risk Insurances (Income Protection, Life Insurance etc.)
Whenever we provide advice on business structures we always take into account:
- Income Tax Minimisation
- Maximize Asset Protection
- Allow for the Admission of New Business Partners or Investors
- Comply with all Legal Requirements in your Industry
- The Risk Profile of Your Industry
- Consider Future Entitlement to Discount Capital Gains Tax Concessions
If you are looking for advice when starting your first project or you are already established and need help with your finances or help with scaling your business then Dolman Bateman is right for you.
To arrange a meeting with one of our specialists you can email or call us on