Fiona has worked in the accounting sector since 1975, both in industry and the profession, and has been a part of the Dolman Bateman team since 1987.
Her role in litigation support includes the provision of expert evidence before various state and federal courts and assistance with cross-examination of other accountants. Fiona is a Chartered Accountant and Certified Practicing Accountant with a Bachelor of Business degree and a member of the Forensic Accountants Special Interest Group.
Fiona’s specialities in Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support include:
- Business valuations for the purposes of family law disputes, commercial litigation and business purchase/sale and stamp duty matters.
- Special investigations for commercial and insurance company purposes.
- Fraud risk assessment and prevention.
- Preparation of reports for commercial litigation for plaintiffs and defendants including the following types of matters:
- Economic loss resulting from various kinds of disputes in the building and construction industry.
- Misrepresentation in sale of business and the calculation of consequential damages.
- Fraud investigations.
- Economic loss resulting from purchase of faulty equipment.
- Economic loss resulting from breaches of contract.
- Other breaches of the Trade Practices Act.
- Economic loss in employment-related disputes.
- Solvency of companies.
- Director and shareholder disputes.
- Economic loss resulting from product liability claims
- Economic loss resulting from professional negligence claims.
- Assessment of economic loss in personal injury matters for plaintiffs and defendants.