As more and more businesses introduce a flexible workplace environment, it is important that we adapt to more efficient processes such as web based programs that help to increase communication within the work place as well as provide extra services such as security and organisational features.
We at Dolman Bateman, try to keep our team connected at all times with constant communication and use up to date apps to keep our workplace secure and free from any malware.
We have listed below a list of software/ web based applications that we find helpful to our business and hopefully your business can benefit from these too.
A perfect platform your team and your work.
Make decisions faster by bringing all of your work communication into one place.
Remote teams can stay productive no matter where you’re working from.
Working more easily with everyone with a chat based platform.
- Instead of a single overstuffed inbox, conversations in Slack happen in dedicated spaces called channels, you can then share these channels, message, voice message and video call.
- Streamline work by connecting Slack with other services like Google Drive, Office365 and over 2000 more.
- Slack supports collaboration at a global scale, with unlimited channels to mirror the way your company actually works
Similar to Slack but Teams is a program from Microsoft.
We usually conduct daily morning Meetings “Huddle” using Microsoft Teams.
With Teams you can work remotely without feeling remote.
- Because it is part of microsoft, you can integrate it with Office 365, its the hub for teamwork.
- Invite everyone you work with to chat, meet, call, and collaborate all in one place, no matter where you are.
- Share your opinion, and your personality. Send gifs, stickers, and emojis in a group chat or in one-to-one messages.
- Instantly go from group chat to video conference with the touch of a button. Teams of 10 or 10,000 can meet in one place, no matter how many places they’re in.
- Call from anywhere
- Collaborate from anywhere – never do that frantic, searching-for-files thing ever again. In teams you can access, share and eit word docs, powerpoint and Excel files in real time
3. ActivTrak – To better manage your employees
ActivTrak is a workforce productivity and analytics application that helps organizations understand how and what people do at work. Our cloud-based user activity monitoring software provides contextual data and insights that enable mid-market organizations to be more productive, secure, and compliant.
- Analyze Workforce Productivity
- Get a clear picture of how work gets done
- Understand how employees utilize their time
- Remove wasteful practices and distracting environments
- Analyze productive behaviors to establish a top performing baseline
- Leverage productivity insights to help drive more business
Asana is the work management platform teams use to stay focused on the goals, projects, and daily tasks that grow business.
- Plan and structure work in a way that’s best for you. Set priorities and deadlines. Share details and assign tasks. All in one place.
- Follow projects and tasks through every stage. You know where work stands and can keep everyone aligned on goals.
- Create visual project plans to see how every step maps out over time. Pinpoint risks. Eliminate roadblocks.
Latest Antivirus software. To stop any hacking or virus attack.
- Blocks viruses, malware, malicious websites, ransomware, and hackers that traditional antivirus isn’t smart enough to stop.
- Cutting-edge protection
- Shuts down attacks from every angle
Slite is the simplest web based program to structure all of your documentation. We use it as its accessible wherever we go. We store work practices, inductions, employee onboarding, meeting notes all here so any staff can access it when they need.
- Organize your knowledge and processes into a clean structure everyone can discover
- Create your own, or choose from our library of templates. Everything from meeting notes and project roadmaps, to employee onboarding guides.
- Use it for Project Docmentation
- Employee onboarding
- team meetings
7.One Drive or Cloud drives
Cloud based software is one of the most important programs you need to run a successful mobile business.
Having a secure cloud with plenty of space can help store all your important videos, photos, documents, and make it accessible and sharable on any device wherever you are as long as you have internet.
Here are a few you can use
- Drop box – https://www.dropbox.com/business
- Google Drive – https://www.google.com/drive/
- One Drive – https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-au/
8.T-sheets for Timesheets
Easily track time on any device to streamline payroll, send accurate invoices, and save thousands each year.
- Employees can clock in or out with just one click. Take a break, change job codes, or add timesheet details instantly.
- Build employee schedules by jobs or shifts. Quickly and easily edit, publish, and share the schedule with your crew.
- Gain valuable business insight with real-time, interactive reports. Predict time needs for job costs, plan for payroll, and increase profitability
9. Office 365
Web based access to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote, outlook, one drive, skype . Save documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online.
10. VOIP phones – Maxo
Office phones that need nothing then a reliable internet.
- Requiring nothing other than a reliable Internet connection, MaxoTel Hosted PBX suits businesses with a home office, one office, or offices in every state.
- Manage every aspect of your phone system in real time via our simple to use portal. Say goodbye to expensive maintenance contracts
- Never miss a message again, with voicemail sent directly via email and to your mobile phone.
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool with a local, desktop client and a mobile app that allows users to meet online, with or without video. It allows you 40 mins for free.
- Quality video, audio, and a wireless screen-sharing performance across Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms
If you have any questions on how to increase efficiency in the workplace, call us at Dolman Bateman for some financial advice.
This information is not to be relied upon without speaking to your accountant, tax agent or financial adviser depending on the advice