Description Professional, supportive workplace in Sydney’s Upper North Shore. Benefit from quality...
- Professional, supportive workplace in Sydney’s Upper North Shore.
- Benefit from quality in-house training and on the job mentoring
- Full time position, immediate start
Our team and the role:
Dolman Bateman is a boutique chartered accounting firm that services a range of clients in small to medium business across numerous industries including construction, eCommerce, hospitality, finance, manufacturing and superannuation. We have an exciting opportunity to offer a senior accountant position at our new Roseville office to head up a new team. The successful candidate will be able to develop their professional skills and build strong networks that can become a career foundation.
At least 6 to 8 years experience as a practicing accountant
Completed the Chartered Accountants Program
- Experience in all administrative aspects of an accounting firm
Strong work ethic and focus personal accountability
Display a sense of leadership and commitment to your work
- Positive team motivator
Ability to work collaboratively, manage your own team and deliver set targets
Strong written skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: the ability to build and manage strong stakeholder/client relationships
Good time management and organisation skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong use of Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks, BGL CAS360, BGL Simplefund 360 and Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Word
- Managing your team and work loads in a professional manner
- Supporting other team members and promoting a positive team environment as all team members have a strong desire to work in a harmonious workplace
- Engaging with new and current clients and going beyond to help them
- Being aware of existing legislation, current developments and ATO interpretation that may impact on the work you are performing for clients
- Discussing with the partners every week your priorities for the week, and reporting on the progress of all jobs allocated
- Responsible for sign off of financial accounts, tax returns and the working papers for individuals, companies, trusts, partnerships and self-managed superannuation funds
- Responsible for sign off of client’s business activity statements
- Day to day management of the billings, closing books at month end within budget, producing timely and accurate results
- For the jobs you are allocated, being aware of the opening time WIP and accumulation of WIP and examining the final WIP when the job is completed
- Drafting the fee from the work in progress report and make recommendations to partners on the proposed amounts to raise as fees to clients
- Client database maintenance
- Assisting the forensic accounting team as needed
- Any other ad hoc activities as directed
- And most importanly, enjoying your work role
If you possess the required skills and experience and you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity, please either click apply below or forward CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that only applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This role is only suited for candidates with permanent residency status.