Description Professional, supportive workplace in Sydney’s Upper North Shore. Benefit from quality...
- Professional, supportive workplace in Sydney’s Upper North Shore.
- Benefit from quality in-house training and on the job mentoring
- Full time position, immediate start
Our team and the role:
Are you an experienced and highly skilled Senior Accountant looking for your next challenge?
Dolman Bateman, a renowned boutique chartered accounting firm, is seeking a dynamic and driven professional to lead our new team at our new Roseville office. The office has plenty of parking, is located across the road from the train station and equipped with a full kitchen and Gym, so you can get in your gym sesh whenever it suits you throughout the day.
As the Senior Accountant at Dolman Bateman, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients in small to medium businesses across various industries, including construction, eCommerce, hospitality, finance, manufacturing, and superannuation. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the team, providing guidance and mentorship to junior staff, and building and maintaining strong client relationships.
Not only will you gain valuable experience and knowledge, but you will also build a strong professional network that will serve as the foundation for a successful career in accounting. You will be working alongside a dedicated and experienced team of professionals who will provide you with the guidance and support you need to excel in your role.
Our team is dedicated to fostering a supportive and collaborative work environment, where you will have the opportunity to lead by example and make a real impact in the accounting industry.
At least 5 to 8 years experience as a practicing accountant
Completed the Chartered Accountants Program
- Experience in all administrative aspects of an accounting firm
Strong work ethic and focus personal accountability
Display a sense of leadership and commitment to your work
- Positive team motivator
Ability to work collaboratively, manage your own team and deliver set targets
Strong written skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: the ability to build and manage strong stakeholder/client relationships
Good time management and organisation skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong use of Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks, BGL CAS360, BGL Simplefund 360 and Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Word
- Managing your team and work loads in a professional manner
- Supporting other team members and promoting a positive team environment as all team members have a strong desire to work in a harmonious workplace
- Engaging with new and current clients and going beyond to help them
- Being aware of existing legislation, current developments and ATO interpretation that may impact on the work you are performing for clients
- Discussing with the partners every week your priorities for the week, and reporting on the progress of all jobs allocated
- Responsible for sign off of financial accounts, tax returns and the working papers for individuals, companies, trusts, partnerships and self-managed superannuation funds
- Responsible for sign off of client’s business activity statements
- Day to day management of the billings, closing books at month end within budget, producing timely and accurate results
- For the jobs you are allocated, being aware of the opening time WIP and accumulation of WIP and examining the final WIP when the job is completed
- Drafting the fee from the work in progress report and make recommendations to partners on the proposed amounts to raise as fees to clients
- Client database maintenance
- Assisting the forensic accounting team as needed
- Any other ad hoc activities as directed
- And most importantly, enjoying your work role
If you possess the required skills and experience and you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity, please either click apply below or forward CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This role is only suited for candidates with permanent residency status.