Description Professional, supportive workplace in Sydney’s Upper North Shore. Benefit from quality...
SENIOR FORENSIC ACCOUNTANT
- Professional, supportive workplace in Sydney’s Upper North Shore.
- Fantastic opportunity with lots of career progression
- Full time position, immediate start
Our team and the role:
Dolman Bateman is one of Australia’s leading and one of the most experienced forensic accounting firms. Dolman Bateman is also a boutique chartered accounting firm that services a range of clients in small to medium business across numerous industries including construction, eCommerce, hospitality, finance, manufacturing and superannuation which allows us to stand out from most other forensic accounting firms.
We have an exciting opportunity to offer a senior forensic accounting position at our new Roseville office. The successful candidate will be able to develop their professional skills under one of the most respected and experienced forensic accountants Australia has to offer. You will build strong networks that can become a career foundation with lots of career progression opportunities.
The role requires you to prepare forensic accounting/expert evidence reports to be served in courts for family law, commercial litigation, personal injury, litigation support, insurance investigations and much more. The role is also to assist in building our forensic accounting team, training & managing juniors and mentoring them.
- At least 6 to 8 years experience as a practicing accountant & forensic accountant
- Completed the Chartered Accountants Program
- Experience in all administrative aspects of an accounting firm
- Strong work ethic and focus personal accountability
- Display a sense of leadership and commitment to your work
- Positive team motivator
- Ability to work collaboratively, manage your own team and deliver set targets
- Strong written skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: the ability to build and manage strong stakeholder/client relationships
- Good time management and organisation skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong use of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Word
- Report writing for business valuations and economic loss reports for family law purposes, assessing and investigating anti-fraud, legal disputes, assessing economic loss, loss of superannuation and other damages; also for insurance investigations in areas such as business interruption, stock losses, professional negligence, product liability and loss of profits;
- Analysing and investigating financial accounts which includes organising and analysing data and tracing discrepancies;
- Understanding of accounting principles and damages calculations;
- Conducting complex financial analysis;
- Explaining complex problems in simple language for people to understand
- Undertake research and analysis;
- Liaising with clients, lawyers, banks, and key stakeholders;
- Proofreading and checking calculations to spot errors in your reports and reports completed by your peers.
- Manage a small portfolio of tax & business service clients to keep your foot in the game and set you above the rest.
If you possess the required skills and experience and you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity, please either click apply below or forward CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This role is only suited for candidates with permanent residency status.